- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. each white & black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. each dried thyme & oregano
- 1 tsp. each garlic & onion power
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 6 (40z.) fillets (trout, catfish, etc.)
In a small bowl, mix all spices together. (tweak spices as preferred) Set aside. Heat a heavy cast iron skillet on high, add in 1/4 butter. (I suggest doing this on a grill outside, because the butter will smoke, if not please turn ur exhaust fan on high!!)
Pour 3/4 cup butter in a shallow dish. Dip each fillet into butter, and coat both sides. Sprinkle both sides of fish with spices, and pat the spice into fish.
Place fish into hot skillet, without overcrowding. Carefully spoon in about a teaspoon of butter on each fillet. Cook until fish has a charred appearance, bout 2 mins. Turn fish over, repeat with butter and cook until charred.
Pasta Seafood Salad
- 16 oz. pkg. Rotini Pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil (optional: I sometimes use Italian dressing instead)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chili pwdr, or to taste
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (slightly drained)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- cooked cocktail shrimp (ur choice size and amount)
- black olives, pitted (ur choice size and amount)
- cubed pepper jack cheese (ur choice amount)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook 8-10 min. or al dente' drain.
In a bowl, combine oil, lime juice and all dry seasonings together, then pour over pasta, stir, set aside to cool to room temp, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Stir in corn, beans, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, olives etc. (I usually stir in a little more chili powder and old bay @ this time) Spoon into a pretty platter and garnish with any remaining cilantro leaves. Serve chilled.
Have a Happy Friday!!!